Medical Expenses

What Injuries Are Covered By Workers’ Compensation?

Workers’ compensation applies to all employees with certain limited exceptions. Generally speaking, independent contractors are not covered by workers’ compensation, as they are not considered employees. That being said, the majority of injuries that occur in the course and scope of employment are covered injuries, making you eligible for payment of your lost wages and medical expenses. You might be covered regardless of any prior injuries. Some occupational diseases are also covered as well as aggravation of pulmonary difficulties which result from an employee’s continued exposure in the workplace.

Free Initial Consultation ∙ Call 570-321-7554Email Us

Aggressive, Knowledgeable Advocates

At Schemery Zicolello, in Williamsport , Pennsylvania, our attorneys serve as workers’ compensation advocates for clients injured throughout Central Pennsylvania. We offer respectful, responsive client service coupled with aggressive legal advocacy.

Our firm has been handling workers’ compensation for over 20 years. We have the skill, commitment and resources to help you pay your medical expenses and get the treatment you need and fight for the benefits you deserve.

Injuries On The Job

Our clients have suffered injuries while typing in offices, delivering products in motor vehicle accidents, loading and unloading warehouses, heavy lifting in restaurants, working on construction sites, assembling in factories and harvesting on farms. Their injuries include:

  • Neck injury, back injury, spinal cord injury
  • Damage to knees and to joints and soft tissue injury
  • Repetitive stress injury such as carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Heart attack
  • Loss of body parts (amputations)
  • Nerve injury
  • Scarring, disfigurement and electrocution
  • Traumatic brain injury and closed head injury

We Answer Questions

  • Can I get unemployment while I am receiving workers’ comp benefits?
  • My insurance company is refusing to pay medical expenses. What do I do?
  • What do I do if my pharmacy tells me that my workers’ comp carrier will not pay for the prescription drugs I need?
  • I just got a letter saying my doctor says I should be able to return to work but I am still in pain. What should I do?
  • What if I take a lump sum settlement and my injury flares up?

Contact Schemery Zicolello ∙ Free Initial Consultations

Our lawyers understand the stress that injury and medical expenses can have on a family. Please email or call to arrange a free initial consultation to discuss your specific legal concerns: 570-321-7554.